Sunday, May 24, 2009

Smith & Wesson M&P9 full size pistol

A short review of the M&P 9mm full size pistol.

Smith & Wesson M&P 9 full size, with three 17rnd magazines, no magazine disconnect, no thumb safety.


Approximate rounds fired: 154 (18 rnds were Speer Gold Dot 124 +P, the rest was Winchester White Box 115grn). I seem to remember loading the mags 3 times each.

One malfunction, a Failure to Chamber, that I attribute to the brass on that round (115WWB). I felt the resistance when loading that round and noticed that it wouldn't slide forward easily when trying to chamber later on, basically a rough rim. But I forced it in and fired it off without truly checking .


Slightly more accurate than the Glock 19. Infinitely more comfortable to shoot and far more comfortable in my hands (I use the small backstrap). The Speer would sting, just enough to notice. In the M&P there was no noticeable sting at all.







2 comments:

  1. Holy cow! That is quite a group. From how far were you shooting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were shooting from a rest? Nice shooting!

    ReplyDelete