Sunday, October 4, 2009

My first rifle competition (match)

For the first time in ~2.5 years I fired a rifle.

It's been pistol in that timeframe.

I decided that I would begin to compete in CMP / NRA High Power. I would use the AR-15 National Match rifle. A rifle built with a 20in free floated precision barrel and a two-stage rigger.

Not having such a rifle at this time I borrowed one at the match on Oct 3, 2009. The match was held at Markham Park in Weston, FL (near Ft Lauderdale).

The result you ask?



First Place, Unclassified (new shooters are 'unclassified'). Click pics for larger.


Standing (Offhand) Result, 100 yards.



Prone Rapid Scorecard:



It was an 88 round match fired according the NRA High Power rulebook for High Power Rifle.

Link:
http://www.nrahq.org/compete/nra-rule-books.asp


The equipment:

National Match AR-15. 20rnd PMAGs. Hornady 55gr factory ammo. Golf glove for my trigger hand and deerskin glove for my support hand.

I borrowed a shooting coat and used my partner's spotting scope (two relays of 10 firing on upper and lower targets).



The Ammo I used:



The Almost Final results. This was brought down right after I took the picture and taken over to the bench for final tally and awards.

1 comment:

  1. You did better than my first match. I started with a 488-3 my first time.


    elcope

    ReplyDelete